UM-Flint Department of Education Website
- Completion of all School of Education and Human Services general education requirements , requirements in the section General Requirements for Teacher Certification , and University of Michigan-Flint graduation requirements as outlined below.
- Students in the Elementary Education General Program will complete of a minimum of 128 credits to include both a Language Arts: Elementary Education Minor and an Mathematics Elementary Education Minor . A Specialization in Early Childhood Education is also available.
- C. Grades of C (2.0) or better in each Phase I course and overall minor, education program, and UM-Flint GPAs of B- (2.7) or better are required for progression from Phase I to Phase II. Grades of B- (2.7) or better in all Phase II and Phase III courses and overall minor, program and UM-Flint GPAs of B- (2.7) or better are required to continue in the program. Note: The Education Department uses grades in transferred courses in its GPA computations.
- ECE 200 , EDR 230 .
- EDE 201 , EDE 300 .
- , EDM 120 , EDM 121 , EDM 122 , EDM 220 , EDM 222 .
- ENG 111 , EHS 120 (preferred), or ENG 112 , EHS 220 .
- EDR 341 .
- HIS 220 or HIS 221 .
- LIN 200 .
- PSY 100 .
- SCI 125 , SCI 126 .
- UNV 100 .
PHASE II (following completion of phase I, with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course)
- EDE 343 , EDR 343 , EDR 344 , EDR 360 , EDR 361 .
- EDE 344 , EDM 390 , EDT 401 .
- EDE 302 , EDE 340 /ART 336 /MUS 336 /THE 336 , EDE 341 /HCR 341 .
- EDM 322 .
- Elementary Education electives. To further enhance the educational experience, two from: ECE 120 /MUS 185 , ECE 225 , ECE 240 ; EDE 123 /MUS 180 , EDE 432 , EDE 440 , EDE 461 ; EDM 320 ; EDR 435 /THE 449 , EDR 437 /ENG 474 ; EDT 420 ; SWR 330 , SWR 335 , SWR 402 .
PHASE III (following successful completion of Phase II)
- EDE 460 , EDN 410 , EDR 440 .
- EDT 441 .
- Application for Student Teaching Internship.
- EDE 469 , EDE 499 (taken concurrently).
- Approved courses in first aid and in Adult/Child CPR approved and taken by the following state approved vendors: www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-6530_5683_14795-118868–,00.html.