School of Management Undergraduate Programs information
The Honors Program of the School of Management offers students of superior ability and demonstrated achievement an opportunity to broaden and enrich their management education. Supplementing and paralleling the regular curriculum, it encourages greater depth and breadth in regular courses and offers independent study and research.
Admission to the Honors Program is by invitation only. A student may be invited to enter the program if any of the following applies:
- The student has participated in the Freshman/Sophomore Honors Program.
- The student has participated in an Honors Program at another university.
- The student is eligible to join the Junior/Senior Honors Program which parallels the second half of the Honors Scholar Program. For further information, see the Honors Advisor in the School of Management.
Admission is selective. Selection is made on the basis of performance in the Freshman/Sophomore Honors Program. A student may also be admitted after establishing a record of superior performance in the regular program.
An honors advisor and an advisor from the BBA program assist the student in planning a challenging and coherent academic program. This program is tailored to the needs and interests of the student.
- All requirements for the School of Management undergraduate Business program, with any major.
- All requirements of the Honors Program, including:
- HON 155 , HON 156 , HON 251 , HON 252 , HON 393 , HON 498 .
- BUS 494 or HON 494 (1-3 cr.), elected for at least one credit.
- HON 495 (optional), HON 496 .
Prospective Honors Program students are urged to acquaint themselves as early as possible with the requirements of the Business Honors Program. See the Business Honors Advisor and the Honors Program Director for this information.
Minimum Credits For the Degree. 120 credits