History Department information
Program advisor: G. Havrilcsak
Candidates must apply to and be formally approved by the History Department to enroll in the History TCP minor. The criteria for applying to the History TCP Minor Program are:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of B (3.0) in each one.
- Completion of at least 12 credits in required history courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of B (3.0).
Prerequisites. HIS 112 , HIS 113 , HIS 114 , HIS 220 , HIS 221 .
Requirements. Eighteen credits beyond the prerequisites, as follows. Appropriate courses may be used to fulfill more than one requirement but will count only once toward total credit hours.
- HIS 299 , HIS 329 .
- A course outside European history and US history from: HIS 230 , HIS 283 , HIS 290 , HIS 336 , HIS 352 , HIS 376 , HIS 377 , HIS 378 , HIS 380 , HIS 385 , HIS 386 , HIS 430 .
- A course on the US in a global context from: HIS 412 , HIS 428 , HIS 479 .
- A course with emphasis on economy from: HIS 374 , HIS 428 .
- Additional courses at the 300 level or higher, to complete a total of 18 credits.
Prospective candidates should also study the section entitled General Requirements for Teacher Certification .