Candidates must apply to and be formally approved by the History Department to enroll in the History TCP major. The criteria for applying to the History TCP Major Program are:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of B (3.0) in each one.
- Completion of at least 21 credits in history (excluding prerequisites) with a minimum cumulative GPA of B (3.0).
Prerequisites. HIS 112 , HIS 113 , HIS 114 , HIS 220 , HIS 221 ,
- Completion of 36 credits, as follows.
Appropriate courses may be used to fulfill more than one requirement, but will count only once toward total credit hours.
- HIS 299 , HIS 329 .
- At least one course in an area beyond Europe and the US from: HIS 230 , HIS 283 , HIS 290 , HIS 336 , HIS 352 , HIS 376 , HIS 377 , HIS 378 , HIS 380 , HIS 385 , HIS 386 , HIS 430 .
- A course on the US in a global context from: HIS 412 , HIS 428 , HIS 479 .
- A course with emphasis on economy from: HIS 374 , HIS 428 .
- HIS 301 .
- Nine additional credits in history courses numbered 300 or above.
- All requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Bachelor of Arts degree, including General Education requirements and additional BA distribution requirements.
Prospective candidates should also study the sections entitled “General Requirements for Teacher Certification ” and ”Secondary Education Teacher’s Certificate Programs Secondary Education Teacher’s Certificate Programs.”