GEO 115 or GEO 116 ; CHM 260 ; MTH 120 ; PHY 143 .
Requirements. Completion of 124 credits, at least 33 of which are in courses numbered 300 or above. A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 is required in earth science, and at least 2.5 overall; at least 18 hours completed in the major and 12 hours completed in the minor; passing score on the MTTC Basic Skills Test; PSY 100 , or equivalent with a C or better; CSC 123 with a grade of C or better; completion of at least 55 credit hours. A written recommendation from the Earth and Resource Science Department to the Education Department is necessary prior to application for student teaching.
- All requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Bachelor of Science degree, including General Education Requirements .
- Earth science courses (31 credits).
GEO 150 , GEO 151 , GEO 202 , GEO 265 , GEO 272 , GEO 282 , GEO 303 , GEO 304 , GEO 331 .
- AST 131 , AST 133 .
- Two additional courses (at least 6 credits) in astronomy, biology, chemistry, physics, or physical geography, selected with the advisor’s consent. These courses may not be used toward the TCP minor.
- A Teacher’s Certificate Minor in biology, chemistry, general science, mathematics, or physics.
- Education Requirements
- EDS 300 , EDS 302 , EDS 360 (9 credits).
- Methods courses. EDS 341 , EDS 343 , EDS 344 , EDS 345 , EDS 347 or EDS 348 . (Hours/courses vary.)
- EDR 445 / ENG 410 (3 credits).
- EDS 469 , EDS 499 (12 credits).
Prospective candidates should also study the sections entitled “General Requirements for Teacher Certification ” and “Secondary Education Teacher’s Certificate Programs ” printed in the Department of Education section of this Catalog.