Students must apply to and be formally approved by the History Department to enroll in the History TCP major. The criteria for applying to the History TCP Major Program are:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of B (3.0) in each one.
- Completion of at least 21 credits in history (excluding prerequisites) with a minimum cumulative GPA of B (3.0).
Prerequisites. HIS 112 , HIS 113 , HIS 220 , HIS 221 ,
- Completion of 39 credits, as follows.
Appropriate courses may be used to fulfill more than one requirement.
- At least 18 credits in history courses numbered 300 or above.
- HIS 299 , HIS 301 .
- At least one course in an area beyond Europe and the US from: HIS 215 , HIS 216 , HIS 230 , HIS 283 , HIS 290 , HIS 291 , HIS 336 , HIS 352 , HIS 376 , HIS 377 , HIS 378 , HIS 380 , HIS 385 , HIS 386 , HIS 430 .
- A course on the US in a global context from: HIS 346 , HIS 412 , HIS 428 , HIS 479 .
- A course with emphasis on economy from: HIS 307 , HIS 329 , HIS 374 , HIS 428 .
- All requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Bachelor of Arts degree, including distribution requirements in addition to general education requirements .
Prospective candidates should also study the sections entitled “General Requirements for Teacher Certification ” and “Secondary Education Teacher’s Certificate Programs ,” printed in the Department of Education section of this Catalog.