The minor in Art provides a basic introduction to both Studio Art and Art History. This minor can be earned by taking foundation level courses at Mott Community College (or elsewhere) and advanced level courses at the University of Michigan-Flint.
Requirements. At least 21 credits as follows, with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course, and including at least 9 credits completed at the UM-Flint.
- Core courses (9 credits).
- Drawing: ART 131 , ART 132 (MCC).
- Two-dimensional or three-dimensional design: ART 141 or ART 142 (MCC).
- Art History courses (6-8 credits). From the following:
- ARH 111 , ARH 112 , ART 116 , ART 214 , ARH 215 (MCC).
- ARH 215 , ART 120 , ARH 140 , ART 299 , ART 308 , ART 310 , ART 311 , ART 315 , ART 331 , ART 409 , ART 410 , ARH 411 (UM-F).
- Studio Art (6 credits). From courses beyond the 100 level.
To obtain this minor, a declaration of intent to pursue the Art Minor must be filed with the academic advisor and Director of the Art Program, who then forward the declaration to the University of Michigan-Flint Registrar.