- Completion of 30-45 credit hours of graduate-level coursework, as follows:
- Foundation courses (12 credits).
MGT 512 - Applied Quantitative Analysis.
ACC 521 - Accounting for Managers.
MGT 541 - Organizational Behavior.
FIN 551 - Business Economics.
- MBA core courses (24 credits).
MKT 531 - Marketing Management.
FIN 561 - Financial Management.
MGT 571 - Operations Management.
External Environment/Managerial Support/Integrative
MGT 501 - Organizational Communication and Negotiation.
MGT 552 - Business and Society.
MGT 581 - Management Information Systems.
INB 585 - Global Dimensions of Management.
MGT 589 - Strategic Management.
- Elective/concentration courses.
General MBA (6 credits of electives).
Electives from any of the concentration courses or FIN 562 , MGT 513 , MGT 542 , MGT 545 , MGT 549 , MGT 573 , MGT 591 , MGT 595 , MGT 599 .
MBA with concentration (9 credits of concentration electives).
a. ACC 535 , ACC 545 .
b. One from: ACC 550 , ACC 530 , ACC 555 , ACC 580 , ACC 575 , ACC 538 , ACC 565 , ACC 562 , FIN 567 , PUB 523 .
Computer Information Systems Concentration
Three from: CIS 520 , CIS 530 , CIS 550 , CSC 549 , CSC 580 .
Three from: FIN 564 , FIN 565 , FIN 566 , FIN 567 , FIN 568 .
Health Care Management Concentration
Three from: ANE 720 , HCR 505 , HCR 509 , HCR 511 , HCR 525 , HCR 577 , HCR 587 .
International Business Concentration
Three from: MKT 536 , FIN 566 , INB 580 , INB 586 , INB 588 .
Lean Manufacturing Concentration
MFGO 619, 633, 635. (These courses are offered through Kettering University.)
Three from: MKT 532 , MKT 533 , MKT 536 , MKT 537 .
Organizational Leadership Concentration
MGT 546 , MGT 548 , MGT 549 .
- All requirements must be completed within seven calendar years of initial enrollment in the program.
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.0 is required for program completion. A grade point average of less than 3.0 constitutes a sufficient basis for probationary status and, if the grade point average is not improved, dismissal from the program. Students with probationary status must make progress toward “good standing.” Failure to do so may result in required reduction in the maximum courses the student may enroll in or other actions. Courses in which a grade below B is received may be retaken once for credit. In such cases, both the original grade and the grade received when the course is retaken appear on the transcript and are used in determining the student’s grade point average.
- Transfer credit is limited to no more than nine credits and must have been completed in the last 7 years with a grade of B or better in graduate courses while enrolled as a graduate student at an AACSB accredited program, and must not be part of another degree. Exceptions to this rule are accepted only in unusual circumstances and then only by approval of the SOM Graduate Programs Committee.
- Course waivers are considered only at the time of admission to the MBA Program and limited to foundation courses only. Equivalency is determined by AACSB-International accreditation status of the institution, or by the School of Management Graduate Programs Committee. Grades in equivalent courses are also considered. Waivers reduce the number of credits required to complete the MBA degree. However, completion of a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours (33 for a MBA with a concentration) at the University of Michigan-Flint is required to graduate.