Jun 04, 2023  
2022-2023 Catalog 
2022-2023 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Program Listings

Linguistics (LIN) information  

Students can be admitted into a certificate program if they are enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, have earned a bachelor’s degree, or have not earned a bachelor’s degree but would like to earn a certificate.  Degree-seeking students will declare the certificate program by submitting a change of program form in SIS, and are eligible for aid while pursuing a bachelor degree program.  Students not pursuing a bachelor degree program are not eligible for financial aid and are not allowed to participate in Commencement; however, the certificate will appear on the official transcript and an official diploma stating the area of the certificate earned will be awarded.  Students who have graduated from a UM-Flint bachelor program within the past year need not reapply; students away from UM-Flint for more than a year will apply for readmittance; students with a bachelor degree from another accredited institution will apply as transfer students.

Students must complete at least 9 credits at the University of Michigan-Flint in order to fulfill the residency requirement for certificates. This certificate program is not eligible for federal financial aid if a student is not currently pursuing a bachelor degree program. Students will have to apply to graduate separately for the certificate. Students completing a certificate only are not allowed to participate in Commencement, however the certificate will appear on a student’s official transcript. An official diploma will be issued for this award and will state the area of the certificate earned.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Program Listings